The Science Centre for Conducting
– Research, development and knowledge – orchestra conductors in the future
Videncenter for Direktion – The Science Centre for Conducting is a science and knowledge wing to the The Association of Danish Orchestra Conductors.
The goal of our Science Centre is to improve research in the art of conducting music.
The Association of Danish Orchestra Conductors (Danske Orkesterdirigenter) organises conductors who primarily work in the field of amateur symphony orchestras, wind ensembles, Brass Bands, Big Bands, chamber orchestras and other ensembles of different kinds.
The Association aims to improve the working conditions for conductors and increase the skills of the conductors.
The Association offers the following:
· Courses, conferences, and meetings
· Performs advising on various matters
· Holds conducting courses by our education-wing via Dirigent Instituttet – Institute of Conducting.
· Forum for our members to network, to exchange ideas, and to find knowledge.
· Publishes regular newsletters.
· Use Social Media for informing about the latest news
· Possibility for creating networks, due to the Association itself is a member of other danish organisations within the music and culture area.
· Collaboration with music and cultural associations, national as well as nordic.
The Association is supported by the Ministry of Culture.